- Category: Organization
The Church School teaches, trains, nurtures, prepares and recruits adults and children in God’s word for Christian service, emphasizing Christian principles, which are essential for effective Christian growth and participation. This teaching and training is designed to prepare them for and assist them with effective living and Christian leadership in a changing society.
The Church School utilizes a progressive learning curriculum for youth and the Standard Lesson Commentary for adults. School materials are provided. Teachers use lesson plans and supplement them with their own research, materials and life experiences. Seventy percent of our teachers are certified by the A.M.E. church and others are in the certification process.
Church School is involved in the following:
- Programs for Martin Luther King Day, Founder’s Day, Reading Month, Easter, Children’s Day, Graduation and Christmas
- participation in the annual North District Church School Convention
- annual service projects led by our Leadership Council
- periodic fellowships, a major summer travel fellowship and the Fall Round-up
- maintaining the Lucile Harden Memorial Garden on the church grounds